1. Understand your target audience: To effectively translate marketing content, you need to have a deep understanding of your target audience, including their cultural background, language proficiency, and values.
2. Use a professional translator: When it comes to translating marketing copy, it's important to work with a professional translator who has experience and expertise in the specific language and cultural context.
3. Maintain the tone and style of the original content: Whether you're translating social media posts, ad copy, or website content, it is important to maintain the tone and style of the original content, while also making sure it resonates with the target audience.
4. Keep the message simple and clear: Avoid using complicated or technical language in your marketing copy. Instead, keep your message simple, clear, and concise, so that it's easy to understand for your target audience.
5. Use culturally appropriate imagery: When selecting imagery for your marketing content, make sure that it's culturally appropriate, and resonates with your target audience.
6. Use idiomatic expressions with care: While idiomatic expressions can add flair to your marketing content, they can also be difficult to translate. Be mindful of using idioms that may not translate well in other languages.
7. Localize your content: Localization involves adapting your content to the cultural and linguistic nuances of the target audience. This can include using local slang, adjusting formatting, and incorporating local references.
8. Review and proofread your content: Once your marketing content has been translated, it's important to review and proofread it to ensure that it's error-free and reads well in the target language.
9. Use a glossary of key terms: To ensure consistency in your marketing content, it's helpful to develop a glossary of key terms and phrases that are specific to your brand and industry.
10. Get feedback from native speakers: Finally, it's a good idea to get feedback on your marketing content from native speakers of the target language. This can help you identify areas where the content can be improved and ensure that it resonates with the target audience.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your marketing content is effectively translated and resonates with your target audience in other languages.
Jaquelina del Valle Gutiérrez es traductora y correctora de inglés-español, fundadora de Tell Me Why Translations. Hace 13 años que se dedica a la traducción y corrección profesional de textos y hace dos años que se ha convertido en emprendedora y creadora de contenidos digitales. Dirige los episodios de su pódcast en español, Con propósito emprendo, además de su equipo de trabajo en TMWT.